Saturday, June 09, 2007

Olympic Standards



Well there it is . . . a lot of money spent, a team of 'creative' people working to a brief, and many meetings and many hours, to achieve this.

I guess that, as part of the design requirement it had to be able to be animated, so it probably does what it says on the packet.

Many folk think it's not very good and have come up with their own variations ~



























Other designers have created some really good, colourful designs that could easily be animated too.

My favourite has to be:




I think that we could do much better than the official logo which, however much hard work went into it, is no substitute for talent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was, to say the least, rather taken aback by this "logo". Is that all they could come up with, with all those millions this is costing you lot?
It looks like some kind of cheap graffiti in a smelly subway...
Boy, am I glad I don't live in England any more!

Anonymous said...

I'd definitely agree with you that the last one is the best. And of course, much better than the misguided horror that is the official logo.